In our appointments we will cover things like Hospital procedure (in most cases specific to your hospital or birth centre), basic terminology so you understand what is going on around you, and what is happening to your body anatomically so you won't be surprised when different sensations arise! I will also help you prepare or fine tune your birth plan and empower both the birther and birth partner to take control of your experience.
I will always advocate for hiring a full package doula, but if you are unable to get a doula in your area, then I believe you should still have all the information you need to take control of your experience. I offer Prenatal packages over skype for those who would like to receive all this information. Please note: all this information is covered with the birth packages.
Everyone has different priorities and gaps in their knowledge, so each class is available separate from each other. The initial meeting will cover all the above topics in brief and we will use it to ascertain your current level of knowledge and where you will need further information.
- Initial meeting and General Knowledge - 2 hrs
- Class: The Anatomy and Processes of birth - 1hr
- Class: Intro to Hospital procedures - 1.5hrs
- Class: Comfort Measures - 2hrs
- Class: Intro to Postpartum - 2hrs
- Class: Breastfeeding basics - 1hr
- Class: Postpartum Self- Care - 1hr
- Class: Creating a complete birth plan - 2hrs